Pakistan – Chana Pulao (White Gram Rice)
No doubt rice is a food (crop) that is grown all over the world and Pulao is one of the most famous and delicious dish in Pakistan. The Pulao recipe is prepared in different ways but today I am going to share with you an easy way to cook pulao in a short time. I will describe this recipe step by step in detail so that you can make it easily at home.
White gram pulao
I always share the dish that is good to health and easy to prepare. Today I have shared white gram pulao recipe that people love to eat. It includes white grams (Chickpeas) that are big source of vitamins, minerals and fiber and it also offer many health benefits like improving digestion. Pulao is to much famous in Pakistan that it is found in the almost in every restaurant.
- White gram 200 grams
- Rice 400 gram
- Salt 1 tsp
- Water as required
- Red pepper grounded ½ tsp
- Black pepper grounded ½ tsp
- Oil 5 tbsp
- Coriander dry ½ tsp
- cumin ½ tsp
- Onion 02 chopped
- Ginger Paste ½ Tsp
- Garlic Paste ½ tsp
- Tomato 2 chopped
- Garm Masala ½ tsp
- Green Chili 4 grinded
- Chicken cube 1
First of all take a bowl and keep some water in it and put grams in it the water. Let the grams remain in the water for 2 hours. After completing the 2 hours put the grams in a pan and keep it on the flame for 20-25 minutes till boiling the grams. And also put the water I separate bowl for 01 hour.
- Put oil in the hot pan
- Put onion it it and wait till the golden brown
- Put ginger paste and garlic paste in it
- Put tomato and wait for 2 minutes
- After 2 minutes put green chili
- put garm masala salt, red pepper , black pepper, cumin, coriander and chicken cube in it.
- And now put boiled white gram in it and mix it well till 05 minutes
- Now put 01 liter water in it and wait till the boiling of water
- When water starts boiling put the rice in the boiling water and wait for7- 10 minutes
- When the water is absorbed in the rice. The cover it and cook on a low flame for 5-7 minutes until the rice is completely done.
preparation time: 20 minutes
cooking time: 30 minutes
servings: 5 persons
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!