Pakistan – Achari Channa Chaat
by Usama Tariq
Most chaats begun in a few parts of Uttar Pradesh in India. There are common components among these variations counting dahi (yogurt), channa (chickpeas) chopped onions and coriander. The chaat specialties’ change from city to city. But in Pakistan people eat it like evening snacks. In cities where chaat is well known, there are well known chaat-houses. You can eat it anytime or everywhere that is the specialty of this dish.
- 2 tablespoon – Mixed Pickle
- 1 tablespoon – Lemon Juice
- ½ cup Tomato (chopped & deseeded)
- ½ cup Cabbage (chopped)
- ½ cup Onion (chopped)
- 2 Green Chilies (Chopped)
- ¼ cup Fresh Coriander (chopped)
- 1 pinch Salt
- Water as required
- 1 tablespoon – Yellow Food Color
- 1 cup – Potato Cubes
- 3 cups Chickpeas (Boiled)
- 2 cups Yogurt (whisked)
- Red Chili (crushed)
- Some Papri
Steps for making
- First take a grinder and put mixed pickle and lemon juice.
- Grind them well.
- Then take a bowl and add chopped tomato, cabbage, onion, green chilies, fresh coriander, salt and ground pickle in it.
- Mixing up them well and set the bowl aside.
- Then take a frying pan and add some water.
- Boil water in low flame and add yellow food color and potato cubes.
- Boil until potatoes cubes are tender (Approx. time 15-18 minutes), set aside
- Take another bowl and add chickpeas and yogurt in it.
- Add crushed red chili and salt to taste.
- Finally mixing up all mixtures together like vegetables mixture (you already make it) and boiled potatoes.
- Then add some yogurt again on Chaat.
- Fresh coriander and papri adding on chaat
- Serving the delicious Achari Chana Chaat at least 4-5 people.
- Enjoy it………!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!