Tanzania – Natural Colorful Rice
One from Tanzania
By Robert Christopher
This one comes from most of Tanzanian urban ceremonies especially wedding cerebrations and birthday parties.
This kind of rice style doesn’t include any artificial food colours, it is prepared with natural remedies together with natural rice.
Big cities like Dar es Salaam and Arusha this rice style is no wonder to be prepared, though in other regions you may find difficult even to present it.
Let us make a taste with this cuisine, mhh taste!.
- 1kg of rice.
- 5 big carrots.
- 3 big tomatoes.
- 5 potatoes.
- 1 Green pepper.
- Wash rice and cook it to ready state, using water, coconut, salt and oil only.
- Wash carrots, tomatoes and green pepper, cut them into small pieces, blend them.
- Peel off potatoes and cut into small pieces, fry them.
- Grind well garlic, take pan and turn heat on, add oil, put garlic and blended mix in
the pan, let them boil for 5-7 minutes. (keep stir the mix so that they wont burn)
- Fry them up to when you notice all water is dried off.
- Take half rice ratio and add it into the fried mix, stir untill rice mix well. (3-5 minutes)
- Turn off heat and add remained rice into the mixed rice. Mix them again.
- Add potato pieces and again mix them through.
- Our taste is on the go for lunch or dinner, enjoy!.
Take the taste tour with
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!