by amabimbi Don
Furu is a name for short small fish normally found in lakes, specifically lake Tanganyika and Victotia in Tanzania.
People leaving around the lake zone, that are Haya Sukuma and Kurya people like stiff porridge with furu. Also people leaving at the nearby of lake Tanganyika (Ha tribe) do take
Let us prepare it.
Things to prepare
- 1kg of Furu
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 carrots
- 2 bulb onions
- 1 green pepper
- Fish masala
- Pepper powder
- Start by removing sharp bones seen at the top of the back, using knife.
- Wash them with hot water to remove some stones bound on with furu
- Start by frying them using frying pan, untill ready. This may take almost five to ten minutes
- Remove and put into clean plate
- Cut onions and carrots into small pieces, fry them.
- Add green pepper pieces in small as well.
- Do fry for 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, either grinded or chopped, fry.
- After five minutes, add in Furu, keep mix, add royco and fish masala keep mix. Add salt and pepper for taste, add a soup if you like, they are perfect if kept roasted.
- After five minutes, add lemon juice and mix.
- Our lunch and dinner is served, enjoy this cuisine.