South Africa – Veggies Chicken Roast
by Tanomba Thati
South Africa as the name means it is a country found in the southern part of African continent. It is one of the best countries for tourism in African country. Indian ocean borders it’s coasts from the southern part, Namibia, Zambia and Congo to its northern part.
Poultry farming it is an activity for in many pasts of the country, starting with home level to the institution level. Broilers are the types of chicken produced at large in the country compared to natural ones.
This cuisine is the best loved ones because it comprised with vegetables and chicken only. Although this dish holds it’s rank, broilers kills the significance of the dish because is only applies best to natural ingredients.
Veggies are soaked in water for about one day and then cooked on the coming day. The only ingredients added being salt only.
Prepare the followings
- 1 chicken
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 potato
- 3 onions
- 3 carrots
- 1 cucumber
- 1 yam
- 3 maize
- 1 bunch of beans
- 1 garlic
- Wash and clean well all the ingredients.
- Peel covers if you don’t prefer potato covered during the cooking process.
- Chop to pieces all the ingredients into a large jar, pour water into it and cover top. You may add all flavours you want into the jar.
- Make sure that water covers all the ingredients down.
- Place into a safe place and keep it until next day.
- On the next day chop chicken into pieces, wash and place into a cooking pan, add salt and boil until tender.
- Add jar ingredients into the cooking pan and set all well.
- Start to boil for about 2 hours, until maize and beans are all ready for meal.
- Mix chicken meat into the veggie pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Our cuisine is ready for meal. Traditionally we user charcoal or wood for cooking, using modern cookers may slightly lower cooking time but not taste.
- Enjoy with friends and family members.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!