by Tanomba Thati
Lamb soup is among the loved cuisines in Somalia, simply because of the bread dominate foods that needs a soup to eat with. Lamb meat with bones inclusive is boiled under moderate heat with vegetables and spices to fully bring the Fuud Ari taste.
Visiting most of Somali restaurants, this soup can be your welcoming. There also plenty of soups out there in Somalia but I will recommend Fuud Ari and a bread, it’s taste can greatly run your day enjoyable. Welcome to prepare this cuisine.
Preparation and Cooking
Since preparing Fuud Ari will take less ingredients and short preparation steps, let me put both steps in a list. We will cook;
- 1/2 kg of meat bones
- 1/2 cabbage (chopped)
- 2 onions
- 1 carrot
- 2 teaspoons of garlic
- 1 banana
- Take bones into a bowl, add 3-4 cups of water depending on the soup you like, add salt and bring to boil for 1 hour.
- For adding banana, peel them and cut to four pieces.
- Add onions, garlic in a blender with some water, blend.
- Add blended mix and banana into the pot with meat and then boil for a half an hour.
- Carrot, cabbage and pepper may be added at the last step, and boiled for 10-15 minutes along with the soup.
As I have said before after you finish all the steps, serve it warm with bread and a lemon aside for better taste, enjoy.