by Bob Huyu
Krio is an ethnic tribe found in Sierra Leone country which is located in the west Africa. Sierra Leone is bordered by Guinea in the north and east, on the south by Liberia, and Atlantic ocean on the west.
In Sierra Leone, Mende is the largest tribe in the country, but our cuisine today comes from the Krio people dishes. It is a taste dish as it contains the mix of fish meat and potatoes.
This cuisine is very famous during cerebrations and special home events like birthday parties or harvesting ceremonies.
They are normally taken as startup for the events and many love them. Attending a party without Fish balls is look as much as “there is no party”.
Jump over your kitchen, see the ingredients and make your favorable taste to taste for fish balls cuisine, thank me later.
- 1kg fish fillets
- 2 medium sized potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 brown onion
- 1tsp of garlic powder
- 1tsp of black pepper
- 1tsp of chili powder
- 1tsp of chicken stock powder
- wheat flour
- Cut fish pieced and boil for 10 minutes. It is much better to use salt during the boiling period.
- Once boiled well, drain water and set aside to cool.
- Take another pot and boil with salt the potatoes until tender. Remove from pot and peel off. Set to cool.
- Take potatoes into the bowl and add fish pieces, followed with all other ingredients, except for milk, eggs and oil. Onions must be blended first.
- Using a fork or any other tool to smash, and mix all the ingredients well.
- Using hands, form balls from the mix of fish and other ingredients, and set them over flour so that they don’t become sticky.
- Boil up al the balls until golden black.
- Drain excess oil and set on a clean plate.
- Serve warm or cool, with juice or tea with a veggies stew aside.
- Enjoy with friends and family.