by Breila Jack
In Senegal fish is among the loved foods to take, almost a meal without a fish, it’s not that cool as if it had one. This country is in West Africa bordered by Mauritania in the north, Mali to the east, Guinea to the southeast, and Guinea to the southwest.
Fish roast in this country is served at family level due to it’s availability, therefore many of the people knows how to cook fish in accordance of a specific meal. Yes, each meal, has it’s own fish cooking style.
Let us prepare it.
Preparation and Cooking
Prepare things for marinating fish.
- 1 garlic bulb
- 1 cardamon
- 2 onions
- 1 lemon
- fish masala
- pepper powder
- After preparing those ingredients, grind onion, garlic as well as cardamon. Prepare fish by removing scales as well all wastes, wash it, put in clean plate.
- Marinate fish by applying to it’s body, the mix of onion, garlic and cardamon. Add salt and pepper powder.
We will prepare the barbecued one as follows
- Wrap some oil around fish and put into barbecue, ready for cook.
- Keep checking it from burn by rotating it side by side.
- After about 7-10 minutes, our fish will be ready for meal.
- Cut a lemon to serve with, enjoy.
If you prefer the fried one, here are steps;
- Add enough oil for frying it.
- Take fish Masala and wrap the fish.
- Drop it some lemon juice for more taste.
- Insert into oil and fry for 8-10 minutes (depending on heat supplied)
- The fish will be ready fro meal, enjoy.
The fried fish may be eaten with bites like fried banana, potatoes or rice, this is the most used way in Senegal.