by Mimi Joseph
Among the best loved ingredient in Nigerian meals is pepper, the cuisine i brought to you today.
Nigeria southern coast is on the Gulf of Guinea in the Atlantic Ocean. It is a country in African continent comprises of various African dishes. Nigeria in West Africa bordering Niger in the north, Chad in the northeast, Cameroon in the east, and Benin in the west.
Pepper soup is the name of our today cuisine.
It is a soup with varieties of ingredients but consist of peppers at large. The meal may either be prepared from plain (non meat) soup or with some meat being mixed well.
The cuisine as well it is prompted with cooked rice at it’s lately cooking stage. The rice provides it with the fully meal state that may be consumed as it’s own.
Chicken meat however may vary from other pepper soup meat mix because if it’s way of preparing it. It uses less veggies and spices compared to other pepper soup styles.
Let us talk less and jump into this amazing taste from Nigeria, Pepper soup.
- 1/2 kg of beef
- 2 cups chopped green peppers
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 6 cups water
- Chop meat into pieces, boil for 10 minutes until ready. Ground cooked beef into tiny pieces.
- Mix bouillon with meat, add sugar and mix.
- Add water into the pan with meat, add tomato sauce, diced tomato, salt, pepper, chopped green peppers.
- Mix all well and boil for 30 minutes. Cook food naturally without oil.
- Add cooked rice and simmer for 10 minutes more.
- Serve warm for meal.
- You may take it with bread as well. It tastes great, enjoy.