Nigeria – Fried Rice
by Mimi Joseph
Rice in Nigeria is “nobody hate it” food as like to all African countries. It is a delicious food yet simple to cook and uses less time. Fried rice in Nigeria is among the loved dishes and prepared in every home mostly for special home events. There of various types with different preparation styles, few are described below;
Fried rice with prawns is normally prepared in restaurants or hotels, you may prepare one at home as well.
Prawns are sold frozen, due to the heat factor in Nigerian cities, that’s why it becomes a challenge to get one for home. Also you may order one from the internet as there are prawns suppliers in most of the towns.
Fried rice with vegetable and meat can be found at wide range in restaurants and even fast food points.
You may make one of yours at home since it is easy to get resources (vegetables) in almost all over the country.
Sometimes it is mixed with meat and sea foods, eggs also can be added along to enhance smoothness and taste.
Another one is the plain fried rice.
This is simple and includes only the primary steps of boiling rice to almost ready and then mix it with fried ingredients.
Prepared at most in homes and restaurants, also you may get it in fast food places. It is normally served with a soup or roast vegetable
Let us prepare fried rice with chicken cuisine from Nigeria as seen in our main top picture, welcome.
- 1 kg of rice
- 1 kg of chicken meat
- 3 Bananas
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1/2 kg of boiled and chopped cow liver
- 1/4 kg of small peas
- 2 chopped carrots
- 3 bulb onions (chopped)
- 2 tea spoons of grinned garlic
- Curry powder
- Chicken Masala
- 1 lemon / Vinegar
- Wash and clean rice, soak for 10 minutes with salt.
- Boil chicken meat for 15 minutes with curry powder, lemon or vinegar (1 teaspoon) and salt mix.
- Take chicken meat from it’s soup but do not throw the soup.
- Boil rice with a half of chicken soup and water with oil until nearly ready.
- Take another pan and start to fry onions and garlic, observe color change to brownish.
- Add in green pepper and keep fry for 30 seconds.
- Add in green peas, carrots, salt and liver, keep mixing while frying for about 2 minutes.
- Add rice on top of the mix and stir.
- Lower heat to warm the food for 3 minutes.
- Fry chicken meat until golden color observed, this means they are ready.
- After finishing to fry chicken use the same oil to fry bananas.
- Peel off bananas and direct chop into the oil, fry until they change color into golden.
- Bananas take little time to be ready, keep an eye open for burns.
- After all is done, our cuisine is ready. Serve it warm for lunch or dinner and enjoy with family and friends.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!