Mozambique – Galinha Asada (Chicken Roast)
By Y Shomwi
Passing around streets in Mozambique, you will wonder some tastes called Galinha Asada. It is a chicken fried and sold together with chips from potatoes or cassava, but today we will look only on the roasted chicken, start with it’s preparation methods to the final steps.
Most colleges students and officers do prefer this meal as it is simple to prepare as well as taste best with almost any food here in Mozambique.
Let see how we can make it to the taste of Galinha Asada, welcome.
Things to prepare
- 6 chicken pieces
- 3 lemons
- grinned garlic and cardamon
- curry powder
- chicken masala
- We start by washing all the ingredients that are to be used such like chicken parts and lemon.
- Marinate chicken meat by mixing it with lemon juice, garlic, salt, curry powder and cardamon.
- Wait for about 30 to one night for the meat to mic well. You may need to refrigerate if mix for a whole night.
- Meat will be well but not delicious yet for meal, therefore we either choose to boil it or fry a bit for marketing.
- We add chicken Masala after the mixing step and just before cooking it.
- Since the cuisine is normally carried as take away, we fry it for about 10-15 minutes and the meat is ready for meal.
Our cuisine is ready for any meal, you may take it with rice, potatoes or stiff porridge, but mostly in Mozambique stiff porridge is the first choice for the meal, enjoy.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!