by Marko Judia
Madagascar is where this taste comes from, Voanjobory sy hena-kisoa. Madagascar is an island in the Indian ocean. It can be located well from the western coasts of African continent.
The island has got varieties of cuisines like Foza sy hena-kisoa a seafood and pork dish and Koba a mashed bananas dish wrapped with banana leaves. Voanjobory sy hena-kisoa cuisine is composed of pork meat chopped and cooked along with Bambara nuts.
It is a simple dish to prepare although rarely cooked due to the less consumption of pork meat in the island.
Even though pork meat may cause low consumption of the cuisine, still many people from all over the world visits Madagascar often, this still counts for the preparation of this cuisine, that in return pays well.
The cuisine mostly goes with salad as a side dish.
Anyone may be tempted to prepare Voanjobory sy hena-kisoa cuisine at home, keep up with me to the end as we keep sliding the pages over this cuisine, welcome.
Prepare the followings
- 1 kg pork meat
- 1/4 kg dry bambara (dry voanjobory)
- 1 onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 5 cloves garlic
- Soak Bambara overnight to ease from hardness.
- On the next day (cooking day), boil them until tender. Adding water may be normal until the texture obtained.
- Chop pork meat and boil in a side dish, pork meat will cook fast therefore don’t boil it for along time, leave it nearly to ready not too soft.
- Chop onions and tomatoes, mash the garlic.
- Once pork is ready remove excess soup.
- Add onions, garlic and oil, fry together with pork meat for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, cover top and keep cook for 4 minutes.
- Once tomatoes become tender, add boiled bambara and mix well. Adjust taste, check for salt ans pepper, boil a little.
- Add soup if you prefer.
- Our cuisine is ready, enjoy with friends or family. The cuisine is mostly eaten with rice.