by Marko Judia
Mofo anana are two words in Madagascar local language that holds the meaning of bread and leafy greens respectively. These snacks are easily found almost in every part on the island of Madagascar.
Madagascar is located on the western part of the African continent. It is an island in the Indian ocean. Easy spot can be routed from the coasts of Africa.
Mofo anana preparation may take as less as 10 minutes, more less for an expert.
The greens are chopped and mixed with bread soft dough, then allowed to cool for some time before they are fried.
Chills added gives it a more sweet and hot taste to make you come back for more, although to some consumers who do not prefer chills they give a thumb down.
The cuisine is eaten with a side soup known to have chills, garlic and ginger only to add more taste.
Let us get it done, welcome.
- 3/4 kg of flour
- 2 tomatoes
- a bunch of watercress
- 1 bunch of chives
- baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of curry
- 1 teaspoon of saffron
- 2 teaspoon of dry chill
- Clean the veggies and put on a plate.
- Chop the tomatoes, watercress and chives to tiny pieces.
- Put flour in the bowl, add the curry, saffron, yeast, chill and salt, mix.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, watercress and chives into the bowl, mix well. Add water gradually while mixing until you get a smooth paste.
- Leave it to rest for 20 minutes.
- Add oil in the saucepan and heat it.
- Using a table spoon, pour the donuts in the oil and fry.
- Once they change into brownish, take off from oil, put into a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Keep fry until all are done.
- Our cuisine is ready, enjoy.