by Marko Judia
Fried rice may be the best option for some people when choosing a rice cuisine, but have you ever tried Madagascar one? This will leave your buds hotter than ever.
Madagascar is an island country located on the southeastern coast of Africa, in the Indian Ocean. It is on the west of Mozambique country in African continent. It is among the largest islands in the world taking a lead of number four from Greenland, New Guinea, and Borneo.
Madagascar since it is an island, sea food is prominent, therefore fried rice may have some other kinds from chicken ones.
On the picture is fried rice prepared along with shrimps, a seafood fish that are largely found in the island. This cuisine may be more famous in the land, however fried chicken rice is more taster and loved that fried shrimp rice.
It may take some time for a visitor who takes no flavor with shrimps to taste fried shrimp rice, rather than fried chicken rice, due to the fact that many people eat chicken meat than the ones eating shrimps.
Fried chicken rice cuisine from Madagascar, holds it’s lead due to the taste it gives and simple methods in preparation. Welcome to the recipe.
Things to prepare
- 5 thighs of chicken (1/4 kg of steak from chicken)
- 1/2 kg of rice
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp of corn starch
- 1 tbsp of light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of dark soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- Vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp of minced garlic
- 1/3 cup of green beans
- 3 carrots
- 4 spring onion
- We start by cut chicken steak to small pieces, boil until ready, put on a clean plate, mix with corn starch and 1 tbsp of vegetable oil, set aside for 30 minutes. You may add for flavor 1 tsp of soy sauce and a pinch of baking soda if no one has side effects from soy or baking powder.
- Clean and wash rice for boiling, using hot boiling water, add the rice and leave until nearly ready, remove it. This boiling process may take about 7 minutes for a half ready rice, be sure to check rice at moments. Filter water off.
- Fry eggs and pinch into small pieces more smaller to chicken steak ones.
- Chop onions and carrots, longer shapes and box shapes respectively.
- Fry chicken mix with vegetable oil for 3 minutes under moderate heat. Put in another clean plate.
- Fry all the veggies including onions, minced garlic, carrots and green beans under moderate heat for 3 minutes. Add salt once onions becomes transparent in color.
- Set heat to high level and fry rice using vegetable oil of about 2 tbsp, break the bonded balls. after 5 minutes less, add both soy sauce, light and dark ones, keep mix while stir.
- Once they are mixed well, add all the ingredients, including meat, veggies and eggs, mix well and leave for mix for 2 minutes.
- Our cuisine is ready for meal, enjoy.
- Some prefer to serve spring onions on top, if it fits your bud, add it.