Kenya – Fish Mseto
by Mabimbi Don
Among the people who prefer natural foods are those living in Kenya, Luo people. Kenya is a country found in eastern Africa bordering lake Victoria in the northern part.
Fish is a food easy to get when in Kenya because it is among the most consumed foods within the country, taking second lead from animal meat. There also some kinds of fish found in Kenya including Tilapia from lake water and octopus from Indian ocean, but we will prepare a Tilapia. Welcome as we cook this cuisine.
- 2 fishes
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 bulb onions
- 2 carrots
- 1 green pepper
- 1 lemon
- peanut butter
- Wash both of the ingredients to be used, Put them in clean place.
- Get rid of scales and wastes from fishes, cut into pieces that you will prefer.
- After you wash and clean fish pieces, take into cooking pan.
- Add onions, carrots, green pepper and tomatoes by cutting them into small pieces, as you would like.
- Add salt and oil, add enough soup, start to boil for about 10-13 minutes.
- After the time add in butter and mix it well with the soup, boil it so it bound well with soup for 3 minutes.
Our cuisine may be taken with Ugali (stiff porridge) or rice, some bites like chapati and bread may taste sweet with this cuisine, enjoy.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!