by Marko Judia
In Ghana Red Red cuisine is among the dishes that indicates Ghana traditional way of eating. Is the lasting among the traditional dishes and loved by almost everyone in the country.
In Ghana you must meet this cuisine in almost every restaurant due to it’s loved and appreciated taste it gives. It mainly prepared from beans but served differently with accordance of the area, for example in Accra they like to serve with fried Banana or rice while in Obuasi you may get it with a fish in addition, and that is the real Red Red cuisine.
Welcome as we prepare this dish all along.
- 1/4 kg of beans.
- Palm oil
- 2 Onions
- Peanut butter
- Grinned garlic
After you have all ingredients on hand, soak beans at least for 4 hour or whole night, to reduce cooking time.
- Chop onions and carrots to fry, make them small in shapes. Add garlic too.
- After onions start to change color into brownish, add beans by filter out the soup (only beans).
- Keep mixing for about 3 minutes, add salt and peanut butter, stir the mix by adding some soup.
- Boil for 3 minutes, add whole soup and favored addition of water, keep the soup at half inch from beans. Taste for salt before 15 minutes of boiling.
- Check beans at some times to ensure there is no burn.
The amount of heat supplied will verify the speed of cooking, be much careful when using high amount of heat supply. Take Red Red with Banana and fish.