Ghana – Rainbow Rice
by Alkased Mamim
Ghana is kind of colorful city, hence rainbow rice style, it is prepared with food colors together with natural rice.
Preparation of rainbow rice, requires great attention, because once you wrong somewhere in steps, people will go diarrhea, therefore we need to be careful preparing this meal.
Furthermore rainbow rice is a loved choice as it covers most of the ceremonies foods, due to it’s good and lovely looking as well as taste.
Let us make a taste from Ghana, too taste!.
Prepare the followings
- 1 kg of rice.
- food colors (red, green and yellow)
- 6 potatoes.
- 1 Green pepper.
- Start by washing rice and cook it to ready state, using water, coconut, salt and oil.
- Peel off potatoes and cut into small pieces, fry them.
- Grind well garlic, take pan and turn heat on, add oil, put garlic in the pan, let them boil for 5 minutes. (take caution and keep stir the mix so that they wont burn), put off flame.
- divide rice into three groups (according to color), add food colors respectively.
- Take into pan after color mix and fry them for 3 minutes.
- Add some water and use heat at low to warm the food.
- See that all rice is mixed well with food colors.
- Take off heat, ready for meal.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!