By Marko Judia
Just by looking it, you may feel the taste of this simple yet very taste cuisine from Ghana, it is all about Yam.
The simple method of getting yam is by passing through our lovely markets in town places such like in Accra, Kumasi, Sekondi-Takoradi, Sunyani and many other and ask for yam, there you have done the very first stage.
Natural foods are so adorable in many cities in Africa, not so far from our country Ghana, here you will meet dishes prepared from natural ingredients that taste as much as you can feel. Let us prepare this cuisine. Welcome.
PREPARE THE FOLLOWINGS
- 3 yam
- Spinach (one or two handy bunches)
- 1 carrot
- 1 bulb onion
- tomato paste
- pea nut butter
- Start by chopping onions and carrots into small pieces.
- Peel off yam, wash and cut into small pieces, the ones you will be pleased to.
- Boil them for about 30-45 minutes, make sure they are ready, because they differ depending on types of yam.
- Wash spinach and cut into small pieces, take frying pan and start to fry onions and carrots.
- After 3 minutes (be sure onions are turn into golden yellow), add on spinach and keep mixing for few seconds.
- Add tomato paste and salt, then cover top and leave them to boil for about five minutes.
- Add peanut butter and leave for more 3-5 minutes. (try to stir peanut so that it mixes well).
- Take a manner to welcome your family members or friends to the meal, ready for lunch or dinner.
I hope you have enjoyed this session, don’t forget to leave a comment about how you enjoyed this meal.