Chad – La Bouillie
by Alkased Mamim
Chad is located in the north-central of African Continent, bordering Libya in the north, Nigeria in the west, Cameroon on the west-southern part and Central African Republic to the south, it is where our La Bouillie cuisine comes from.
La Bouillie is porridge dish, prepared in the country using various cereal like rice or wheat.
Millet porridge is the one on your left side picture. It is among the La Bouillie dishes.
We will prepare La Bouillie cuisine using rice and wheat as this is the most prepared sigh in the country.
Anyone can access the ingredients inside and outside the country because of they are widely distributed, rice and wheat.
Butter and peanut are the most side ingredients used to make the La Bouillie cuisine tastes much better. They are added along the cooking process or nearly to the end of cooking process. In absence of butter and peanut, milk do the best to cover it.
Let us prepare it.
Prepare the followings
- 1 cup rice
- peanut butter
How to cook
- Clean and wash rice, put in a clean plate.
- Boil up water of about 3 cups, once boils add in rice.
- Stir peanut butter into another bow with 1 cup of water, add into the rice, leave for 5 minutes
- Add wheat and cornflour into the boiling rice. Leave it to boil and check after 3 minutes to see if the mix becomes thick.
- Once becomes thick, add milk and sugar, check for the marvelous sweetness, mhh!.
- Add more milk to obtain favorable thickness.
- Let it simmer for 1-2 minutes and serve warm.
- You may eat with a fried meat, e.g. chicken meat.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!