by Mabimbi Don
You will not hold your manner on this cuisine from Cameroon for it’s taste. The meal is the mixture of leafy greens, onions, tomatoes, garlic and pepper powder. It is also eaten with stiff porridge called Fufu that is generally made up from corn flour.
This meal can be taken for lunch and dinner, so let us prepare it for the best of people who spend much of their time in manual works.
- 1/2 kg of corn flour
- A bunch of leafy greens
- 1 onion
- grinned garlic
- 2 tomatoes or tomato paste
- pepper powder
- Start by cooking Fufu first.
- Add about 3 cups of water into a cooking pan and boil.
- After successful boil, add up flour and keep stir the mixture for about 5 minutes.
- Make sure all water mixes well with flour.
- Take it into a hotpot to keep it warm.
Cooking of the leafy greens takes about five to seven minutes, just follow the steps well as follows;
- Wash the leaves and chop to the size you like (smaller size is recommended), take into clean plate.
- Cut onions into small pieces, do the same for tomato (if you’ll use the fruit ones), fry all together with garlic of about 1 teaspoon, do it for 2 minutes.
- Add leaves and salt, cover top and boil for 3 minutes, check for soup and pepper for taste, leave it to boil for one minute more.
- Our leafy green cooking process is well done