by Alkased Mamim
Serobe is among the loved traditional dishes of Tswana people. Botswana country is found in southern parts of Africa and it’s bordered on the south with South Africa country. It is prepared as a roast of intestines, stomach, liver and kidneys mix of either cow or goat. In some ares they even cook it with the remains of the intestines.
Most of the likely style is that of intestines and trotters usually done when Serobe of goat or sheep is prepared.
The hitting process may refer to the removing of the wastes from the intestine, by which a cook must be very careful while cleaning the intestine, since failure on that may produce unpleasant taste.
Welcome to this preparation of Serobe cuisine from Tswana people and feel the taste of this unique dish.
Thing to prepare
- 1 kg of cow innards.
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 bulb onions
- Garlic (10 grinned pieces)
- Pepper powder for taste
- Salt (1/2 tea spoon)
- After cleaning the innards (intestines, stomach, liver, kidneys), put into a clean vessel and cut to pieces using sharp knife or scissors.
- Put into boil for about 20 minutes less. If you have add the trotters, boil them differently with the innards because they take longer to make a good soup, at least 30-45 minutes of hot boiling.
- Wash onions and tomatoes, using another cooking pan, start by frying onions and garlic into brownish color. (2 minutes)
- Add in the innards and trotters all together and keep frying.
- Add tomatoes and salt, leave to boil fro at least 3-4 minutes.
- Put in the soup and pepper, boil for 15 minutes, until gravy thickens to a soft soup.
- The cuisine is ready for meal, enjoy.
Serobe must be taken warm to enhance taste and support good digestive system. You may choose to enjoy it with Bogobe (a maize stiff porridge) or bites like Mandash;