by Mimi Joseph
This Angolan dish is a popular traditional dish served on November 11 in many parts of the country to celebrate Angola’s Independence. It is among the respected dish because of it’s significance to the country.
During independence day cerebration, people living in cities like N’dalatando in Cuanza Norte do prepare this meal and eat with delicious coconut or white rice.
Let us prepare it, welcome.
Things to prepare
- 3 Bulb onions
- 3 Big carrots
1 kg of goat meat
- 5 Big tomatoes
- Grinned garlic
- 2 Peppers for taste
1/2 kg of potatoes
- Cut meat into pieces of favored size, wash them and put into a plate.
- Mix it with salt and garlic, wait for 5-10 minutes for the ingredients to mix well.
- Fry them with small amount of oil for about 5 minutes to remove excess water and blood.
- Put meat into the cooking pan.
- Peel potatoes and wash them then cut into small pieces direct into the pan with meat.
- Add tomatoes, onions and carrots into the pan by cutting them into smaller pieces.
- Add pepper for taste (don’t break them), add salt also.
- Put in some soup and boil for about 30 – 35 minutes.
- Keep an eye on the pot to check soup from dry and burn.
After the time our delicious cuisine, will be ready for meal, enjoy.