Angola – Cabidela
by Breila Jack
Cabidela is an Angolan dish prepared from Pork, Rabbit or Chicken meat and cooked with it’s blood, giving a brownish color to the meal.
It is among the very famous and delicious cuisines made in restaurants around Luanda and Benguela cities. Also it is made in many Angolan families especially in parties or great visitation. It is easy to cook because the ingredients are easily found, and at large meat is the most needed ingredients because it carry the name of the cuisine.
I welcome you to join me in the preparation process.
- 5 chicken thighs (keep blood in a bowl while slaughtering)
- 2 bulb onions
- 1 tomato (blended)
- Manga peppers
- Garlic (grinned)
1 kg of rice
- Start with boiling meat for 20 minutes or until well boiled.
- Wash rice to remove sand powder, put into clean plate.
- Chop onions into favorable pieces.
- Take cooking pan, start to fry onions, add one teaspoon of garlic, add meat and rice altogether, fry for 3 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce into the mix, stir and fry until well mixed.
- Add water to the same level with rice, add salt and taste for flavor. Grind Manga peppers and add on top. Add blood while stirring until it mix well. Observe brown color, boil for 10 minutes until well cooked.
Our cuisine is ready for meal, it is taken with kachumberi if you will like or as it is. Enjoy the taste from Angola.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!