Algeria – Tajine Zitoune
by Y Shomwi
Algerian cuisines are another African taste to talk about. This country located in northern Africa, is bordered by the Western Sahara to the west, Mauritania to the south as well as Tunisia to the northeast.
Tajine zitoune is a chicken mix vegetables ad spices cuisine, that is prepared under natural additives to leave your taste buds wondering the sweetest taste it gives.
Tajine are of many kinds, yet they hold it’s core meaning, the earthen pot cooks, that is to say it’s a meal cooked on the earthenware pot.
This dishes are mainly cooked of the mixed vegetables, spices, fruits, meats and nuts.
The Tajine (on the left side photo) is mainly contains olives, onions, carrots, mushrooms, thyme, bay leaves and so more, with an exclusion of chicken meat.
Tajine zitoune we are going to prepare will have chicken mix with other ingredients, cooked over a medium heat and mixed to ensure well cooked meal. Welcome to Tajine zitoune cuisine preparation.
Prepare the followings
- 2 chicken thighs
- 1/4 kg of pitted olives
- 1 lemon
- ginger 1 tbsp
- garlic 1 tbsp
- ground cumin 1 tbsp
- paprika 1 tbsp
- cinnamon 1 tbsp
- 1 onion
- olive oil
- low-salt chicken broth 1 cup
- pepper for taste
- chopped parsley 2 tbsp
- Chop the onion, heat up olive oil under medium heat and start frying onions until color change to brownish.
- Add chicken thighs, sprinkle with salt and pepper, fry them on both sides to brownish golden.
- Add all other ingredients with the exception of lemon, parsley, chicken broth and pitted olives, keep cook while stirring for 2 minutes more.
- Add in chicken broth, stir and cook for 20 minutes while cover the top.
- Add lemon and pitted olives during the last 10 minutes.
- Taste for salt and moderate it. Once done, remove from heat and serve in plate with chopped parsley garnished on top.
- Tajine zitoune cuisine can be eaten with bread or rice.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!