By Mabimbi Don
Being one of the high value cereal, it’s profitable both in India and lake’s zones in Africa. This again accounts for it’s nutritional ratio as it’s rich with proteins.
It takes longer than 2 hours in preparation of this soup, and it can be taken with bread, rice, chappati, mandazi, potatoes or banana depending on ones favour.
With a reference from Africa, we are going to make a taste cuisine ever of yellow split peas, welcome.
- 1/4kg of split peas.
- One carrot.
- One green pepper.
- One bulb onion.
- Soup Masala.
- One coconut packet.
- One tomato.
- Wash and soak for a whole night split peas.
(this reduce hardness)
- Cut tomato, carrot, green pepper both in samll cubed shape.
Put cooking pan, heat up and add oil in it, add both carrot
pieces and stir, add green pepper pieces, stir.
- After 3 minutes add tomato pieces, add salt and stir, leave
the mix to boil for 4-5 minutes.
- Add peas into the mix and stir it, add some soup and leave it
to boil for 5 minutes more.
- Add coconut and soup Masala into the mix, leave it to boil.
After 5-7 minutes check to be sure of the soup amount you
will need to have.
- Yellow spit peas soup is ready for table breakfast, lunch or