Africa – Pilau Meat Mix
By Robert Christopher
Now when it comes to top rated African favourite rice mix style is where we turn our eyes, noses and mouth toward what is called Pilau. Pilau is a term to describe rice being prepared with various vegetable and meat mix, this (Pilau) is famous almost to all African countries.
Let’s jump into the process of preparing this cuisine, you better believe ”it’s more than just amaizing”.
Prepare the following
- 1/2kg of rice.
- 1/4kg of any meat.(I choose cow meat)
- 5 Potatoes.
- Pilau masala one packet.
- Corriander seeds.
- 2 Carrots.
- 2 Bulb onions.
- Currry powder.
- 1 Green pepper.
- Wash and cut meat into small cube like shapes.
- Boil it for 10-15 minutes. (just to warm it up)
- Wash rice and put into a plate.
- Wash Potatoes and cut them in only four pieces from each.
- Wash and cut carrots, green pepper and onions into small rectangular shape.
- Take Cooking pan, put in oil and heat it up. Add onions, cardamon, Pilau Masala at a same time, stir it.
- Add in Potatoes and keep fry the mix, add in meat (without soup) stir the mix, add salt and let the mix boil for 3-5 minutes. (keep checking the mix in every 1 minute interval)
- Add in rice, mix them up, keep stirring for 2-3 minutes. (make sure they have mix well)
- Add water, corriander seeds, carrots and green pepper pieces into the mix and let it boil for 7-10 minutes. When water is about to dry, lower heat level, check for any protruding potato piece and immerse it.
- Wait for all water to dry out. Your Pilau must be ready, enjoy the taste of Pilau cuisine.
This delicious dish can be taken for lunch or dinner as it is or with
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!